The Past Work
Stainless Steel Investment Casting Samples
Carbon Steel Investment Casting Process
Each process of our production is executed in strict accordance with the Standard Operation Procedure (SOP). The main process is as the following: Pouring simulation, Mold development, Raw material inspection, Wax pattern, Shell preparation, Metal pouring, Cleaning and Heat treatment, Inspection, Warehouse packaging, and Shipping.
Carbon Steel Sand Casting Process
Each process of our production is executed in strict accordance with the Standard Operation Procedure (SOP). The main process is as the following: Pouring simulation, Mold development, Raw material inspection, Modeling (Core-Making), Melting, Metal pouring, Cleaning and Heat treatment, Inspection, Warehouse packaging, and Shipping.
Questions About Stainless Steel Casting Service
Carbon steel is an iron – carbon alloy with a carbon content of 0.0218% to 2.11%. Cast iron generally has a carbon content of 2.5% to 3.5%. Carbon steel has relatively good strength and toughness and is used to manufacture various mechanical parts and metal products. The properties of cast iron are lower than steel, especially the tensile strength and plasticity are low, and it cannot be forged, but its hardness and compressive strength are better.
The characteristic of carbon steel is that the hardness can be adjusted by heat treatment as required. The disadvantage is that it is easy to rust in the daily environment. The characteristic of stainless steel is that the material will not rust in the daily environment. The disadvantage is that its hardness can only be annealed but not quenched by heat treatment..
1. Gas Porosity The reason for the pores is that there is too much water in the molding material or a lot of gas – producing substances; the air permeability of molding sand and core sand is poor; the pouring speed is too fast.
2. Trachoma The causes of blisters include insufficient molding sand strength; insufficient molding sand compactness; and too fast pouring speed.
3. Shrinkage The cause of shrinkage cavity is poor feeding of the casting during solidification.
4. Sticky sand The cause of sticky sand is the poor fire resistance of the molding sand or the high pouring temperature.
5. Cracks The causes of the cracks are the large difference in the wall thickness of the castings; the improper setting of the gating system; the new difference between the sand mold and the core.
Carbon Steel is divided into three subgroups depending on the amount of carbon in the metal: Low Carbon Steels/Mild Steels (up to 0.3% carbon), Medium Carbon Steels (0.3–0.6% carbon), and High Carbon Steels (more than 0.6% carbon).